Constructed in 1628 and formerly called the Engelse Brug (the English bridge) this bridge used to connect the Dutch fort with the British fort. In 1938 the bridge was made into a drawbridge – the only one in Indonesia to allow boats to pass into the Great Canal, now named Pintu Besar. After Indonesia’s Independence it was renamed to Jembatan Kota Intan, but is no longer in use.
- The Sunda Kelapa Harbor
Sunda Kelapa is the port that has been active ever since the 12th century and was the beginning of the present metropolitan city of Jakarta. The Netherlands succeeded to colonize Batavia for three centuries. In 1970 the old name of Kalapa was again used and the name of port reverted to Sunda Kelapa. It is now the harbor for inter-island traditional boats.
- Gedung Candranaya
This is another heritage building formerly owned by a Chinese major called, Khouw Kim An during the periods 1910-1916 and 1927-1942. Built in the 19th century Candranaya is located at Jalan Gajah Mada no.188.
- National Archives Building
This elegant building at Jalan Gajah Mada used to be the 18th century residence of the Governor Generals of the VOC –the Dutch East India Company. Later it became the office of the Department of mining and then the National Archives or LandsArchief. In1992, the building was renovated and became a national heritage.
Today it is a Museum and can be used as venue for elegant events and exhibitions.