Museum stands on the former New Holland Church holds a collection of rocks, home furnishings and pictures from the past related to Jakarta. The museum was established in connection with the incidence of awareness in Indonesia in general, especially the lovers of puppets, that art and rich culture of high value, not only to own but also should be preserved, developed and constructed and utilized for the nation.
Puppet Museum occupies an old European-style building, which used to be a church for the Dutch in Indonesia, and restored around 1736 into a new church building. Then the church building was purchased by a Dutch company and used as a warehouse. This warehouse was later bought back by the Dutch government to be used as a museum, because in the building there are the tombs of several high officials of the Netherlands and some relics Governor-General Jan Pieterszoon Coen who ruled from 1618-1622 and 1627-1629. In 1937 the building was turned into a museum, and named Museum Oud Batavia. After the City of Batavia developed into Jakarta, the collection at the Museum Oud Batavia moved to Jakarta History Museum, which is located opposite the museum in advance. On the initiative of Governor Ali Sadikin, the Museum of Old Batavia was used as the Puppet Museum.
Puppet Museum in the park there is also a tombstone Governor General Abraham Patras and Willem van Outhoorn together with his wife Elizabeth van Heyningen. There is also a tombstone with a fine emblem of the former governor of Formosa, which Cesaer Cornelis Ooms and his wife Anna, then a simple stone Maria Caen and brother Anthoni Caen. Besides, there are other tombstones that have been moved to the former cemetery that later became The inscription on Jalan Taman Tanah Abang. Some of them are marked HK stands Hollandse Kerk or the Dutch Church. Across the park there are graves Jan Pieterszoon Coen, who died in 1634 and his assistants.
- National Museum
The most complete collection museum in Indonesia. Total collection recorded 140.00 units, which contain ancient statues, inscription, ceramic, textile, historical relic and categorized by ethnography. The collection of Indonesian ceramics & etnography in this museum was the largetst and the most comprehensinve in the world.
- Textile Museum
Jakarta Textile Museum was established in 1976 as a result the concerted efforts, spearheaded by the Governor of Jakarta at the time, Ali Sadikin. It was established in honor of Mrs. Tien Soeharto (wife of President Soeharto), which was inaugurated on June 28, 1976. In the mid-1970s era, the use of textiles, understanding the use and the quantity and quality of production very clearly declined. Some even become very rare. This has motivated some of the leading citizens of Jakarta to set up an institution dedicated to the preservation and study of Indonesian textiles.
- Taman Prasasti Museum
The museum was established on a old cemetery called Kebon Jahe Kober that has been functioned since 1795. During VOC’s occupation, this cemetery was specially provided for the noble Dutch persons and prominent officers. Later on, the cemetery was dedicated for the common Christians. The 18th cemetery has various collections of tombstones from 16th and 17th centuries.